Let's dive in ... because understanding feelings shouldn't be so damn expensive and life's too short to not know what we need.
Let's get SALTy!
We all feel. We all have needs. Let's talk. Sometimes it can be intimidating when dipping into self-help or self-growth work because simply there are so many options. Between practitioners, books, videos, courses, groups, conferences, retreats, and more, we can often find ourselves feeling further overwhelmed.
This study shares my adopted collection of "best practices" in an attempt to spread clarity, connection to self and others, and ease in a world that often seems full of confusion, disconnection, and dis-ease. In the weeks ahead you will be introduced to some of my most useful treasures (for resources are gold to social workers) that I've collected over the years as someone who is a consumer of well-being resources, has a committed practice of using these methods, and is a professional in the field.
May you find some comfort here ...
- An Introduction to Mindfulness
- An Overview of Feelings Identification & Needs (FIN)
- A Glimpse Into Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
- Curious Mindset Examples
- Internal Curiosity Questions to Ask Yourself
- External Curiosity Questions to Ask Yourself
- Some Barriers to Awareness
- Balancing Acknowledgement
- Getting Hooked
- Barriers to Connection and Compassion
- Practical Tools for FIN Awareness
This Week You Will Learn About :
- Diving Deeper into Understanding Needs
- The Exercise by Thom Bond
- Using The Exercise to Help With Self-Help Reparenting (Expanding on Week 4)
- The Four Things That Matter Most by Dr. Ira Byock
- Sharing Loving Kindness
Congratulations on completing the SALT's Self-Guided Study! May the practices and resources that you have collected over this period remain with you for a lifetime!
May SALT be your cleat, a centering, grounding, reinforcing go-to for you! It's always here for you to return to as you continue your practice of raising consciousness, gaining curiosity, processing reactivity in new ways, expanding compassion, creating more ease, and finding more joy in your life.
Thank you for being here, for showing up, and diving deep ... May you live well, in whatever ways that looks to you! See you on the 'gram (Instagram) @salt.selfawarenessletstalk.
If this study has helped you in any way, please point others towards SALT, and please share feedback by emailing me directly at email@example.com.